Monday, March 7, 2011

Faster and Faster

Then he said to me, "These words are faithful and true." And the Lord God of the holy prophets sent His angel to show His servants the things which must shortly take place. Rev. 22:6

The things that must shortly take place are all the wonderful and dreadful events revealed to the apostle John (and us). The rapture, Antichrist & tribulation, the mellennium, white throne judgment and the new Jerusalem!

The words, faithful and true simply mean... you can count on it, these things WILL happen, and shortly.

But, can you hear the scoffer... "Shortly take place? People have been saying that forever!"

They misunderstand.

The word "shortly" in this verse is derived from the Greek word tachos. It's where we get our English word tachometer and it means to move at an ever increasing speed. In the context of our passage and the words proceeding it we can understand it to say that once these end time events start taking place things are going to happen faster and faster!

This got me thinking about the acceleration of events and the rapture of the church. I can almost feel a "g-force" happening can't you? Or should I say God force :-)

"Behold, I am coming quickly! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book" Rev. 22:7

.

3 comments:

  1. That is a very interesting thought Lorrie! I have never seen it that way. I always figure time is of no importance to God, one day, thousand years, it's all the same. The other day I was reading how Jesus says to Philip: you still don't know me Philip, now that I have been with you for such a long time?
    Such a long time??? We're talking three years at the most here. That shows again, God sees time different than us.
    Anyway, great post, got me thinking! Thanks, glad you're back:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it Marja. This was a new thought for me as well. My pastor mentioned it in Sunday service last. You're always an encourager - I appreciate that about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. like labor pains...

    and yes i do feel the God's force.
    i have wondered if it is just me getting older.
    but, yes i do feel it.
    yet, i also see it.

    and i think, many things are now taking place
    now that there is more international
    communication and more people.

    more things happening, more to see, more people involved, more people to see it.

    all the nations can see and hear.

    ReplyDelete