Sunday, December 19, 2010

Just Like Cookies!

When I was working at decorating these this little reindeer cookies it was fun to see how each one seemed to take on its own "expression".

I cut all these cookies out with the same cutter and yet, no two are exactly alike. At first glance they may seem the same but I, their creator know different.

Some are wrinklier, darker, fatter or taller. Some have weak legs or necks. Some of the prettiest ones are that way because I had to cover up a flaw. Every little ornament I attached has it's own delicate shape which made for bigger eyes or rounder noses.

I guess it's pretty obvious where I'm taking you with my little analogy but I still want to go there.

God is so creative that even though we are all human beings we are not exact replicas of each other. We are all created specifically in His image and yet we are individuals. I love His diversity!

So if Christmas time (or any other season) makes you feel like you're just one, lost in the crowd, don't believe it! You are not just "one out of a million". God, your creator knows YOU, loves YOU and came to us all, born in a manger... our savior, the Christ. That is what Christmas is all about.

Give thanks!

For you formed my inward parts; you covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows well. Psalm 139:13-14.

Merry Christmas each and every one :-)


If you don't know what it means to trust and know God personally then please go here now!

.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Lorrie, this is a great post! I love it! I love applying God's heavenly truths to the mundane things of the world. May you and your family have a very blessed Christmas! Love you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are all different, but, i am going to name them all rudolpf.

    and you are right...we are each wonderfully unique and Loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hhmmm, just love those cookies and the way they made you think :) YES!!! fearfully and wonderfully made!
    Merry Christmas Lorrie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha nance ;-) Merry Christmas to you!

    and you, Marja.. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn ~ thanks for coming over! Merry Christmas to you toooooo ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you...

    thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete