Friday, November 12, 2010

Eyes to See

We've all seen those colorful clips of cars or people zooming along in high-speed streaks. Pretty to look at but in reality, I don't think the journey would be much of a joy!

If we're not careful, life will seem just like that. Going fast, going faster, checking our lists, forgetting to breathe and being annoyed at anything and anyone getting in the way. Not good.

If we have no time for love then what good are we? Not much according to 1 Corinthians 13.

We have been commanded... "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself" This is beautifully demonstrated for us in the Parable of the Good Samaritan.

See if a little bit of virtual reality doesn't speak to you. It did me.




"If a sudden jar can cause me to speak an impatient, unloving word, then I know nothing of Calvary love. For a cup brimful of sweet water cannot spill even one drop of bitter water, however suddenly jolted. " ~ Amy Carmichael

.

8 comments:

  1. effective attitude adjustment...needed and welcome ...

    thanks and Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, too cool! Wow! Love this! So glad you posted it. Thanks so much, Lorrie! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I'll walk thru this day differently now. Thanks for sharing!
    Joli~

    ReplyDelete
  4. nAncY ~ It makes me tear up every time I watch it!

    Lynn ~ Glad you liked it :-)

    Joli ~ Thanks for coming over and thanks for the neat quote I "borrowed" from your FB status this morning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog and love your post.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a wonderful video. It really makes you think about what other people are going through and where they are in their lives.

    Thanks for this Lorrie, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for posting this! We all need this reminder from time to time - some of us more than most! I've been focusing on slowing down this fall. Be still and know...

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Parking Princess" (I admit it, I loved that).

    Sure makes you think. Very timely, Lorrie, considering the hustle and bustle that's about to ensue!

    I recently heard a preacher read I Corin. 13, which is really a portrait of Jesus Christ Himself: every place it says Charity or Love (depending on the version), insert Jesus Christ and we see our lovely Savior (it sure ain't me!)

    Galatians 2:20 - "I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live, yet not I, but Christ liveth in me. And the life which I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me."

    Thank you for another thoughtful post.

    ReplyDelete