Thursday, April 1, 2010

National Poetry Month!

A whole entire month dedicated to poetry... wheeeee!! I'm trying to write a poem a day as suggested by NaPoWriMo or at least make a contribution or two or three to the one, the only, the fabulous Cunning Poets Society.

Come on... get your wild little tootsies wet. See what poetic words are hidden in you!

I'll start with this...











THE VALLEY

not dry
not empty

lonely

full of souls
crying
trying
to find paradise

it smells of hell

maybe...

for him
it's money
pride
and too much sex

over there
hog jowls
grits
and buttermilk

hers
of rhythm
marijuana
and burnt rubber

and we...

must awake
uncover our mouths
cry out
stretch out
extend a hand

hurry!




photo "homeless" (google reuse)


.

5 comments:

  1. Are you positive for sure this is your first? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize that poetry month was going to be so much...well, poetry.

    Your poem brings the valley of the shadow of death into view for us to see.


    Thanks for mentioning the Cunning Poets Society. It has been great to see people posting poems there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathleen, you sound like a woman experiencing the joys of me in her feed reader! I posted and then remembered that I forgot some things so posted again! He he he... Thanks for coming over :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nAncY ~ I am enjoying all the poetry too :-) Love yours... I really would love to see all of them bound together into something I can take with me to a shade tree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Libra Moon for stopping in and sharing your poem with me. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete