Monday, December 28, 2009

Knowing Love

I've been meditating on LOVE.

My beginning thoughts about the subject were fun and poetic. Then, after a time they became exhaustive... and to such an extent that I began to feel overwhelmed by it. Suddenly it felt complicated. Difficult. Foreign.

Holy Spirit reminded me often that it was
not complicated.

Nevertheless, it seems I've wrapped it up with a bit of melancholy. I've come to the conclusion that I don't know what it is at all. I mean really
really know.

I believe what the Word says it is though... Yes I do.

Maybe next I need to meditate on what it means to believe...


For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known. 1 Cor. 13:12



Photo is "pondering" (google re-use)


.

9 comments:

  1. It is simple, but simple doesn't mean shallow. Sometimes the simple things can be overwhelming -- like when we get a glimpse of how much God loves us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps it is that love is not something to be
    thought about too long. For in our thinking we begin to limit love and in our limiting beliefs we begin to believe we know not love.

    Thank you for your honesty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That verse is one of my very favorites! I think it's a deep desire within all of us... to be truly known!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glynn - you are so very right!

    M.L. - That's just how it happened.. the more I thought about it the more I became to feel that it was way to awesome to truly understand...especially His love for me!

    Vanity - One of my favorites too :-)

    Thanks tons for coming over!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meditating and listening to the Holy Spirit... the perfect way to find all the answers!

    Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bridget - the more I learn the more I realize that *true* knowledge is a spiritual matter, not a head one... which seems to be initiated by resignation/surrender and trust.
    Enjoy being part of the carnival!! Thank you for hosting it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like your post and all the comments as well. it is good to have interaction.

    it seems like love is something that we know but, dont really know exactly how we know, and we sometimes can be fooled if we dont listen to what we know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He he he... you speak my mind well :-) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well said Lorrie, thanks. Haha, sometimes I feel like I am totally missing the point, that I have no clue HOW much He loves me and at other times... I think I can sense it, it's humbling :)

    ReplyDelete