Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Gao Zhisheng

Christian human rights attorney Gao Zhisheng, disappeared February 4, 2009 and was last seen being taken away by a dozen police officers.

I want to do something to help Gao Zhisheng. He is imprisoned. He is being tortured. I pray for him and I think about him a lot. Beyond that my heart wrings over the suffering he endures at the hands of hatred. The only other thing I can do to help him is to let others know about him.

I would love it if you would take the time to visit the "Help Free Gao Zhisheng" website to read more about this amazing man and discover some real ways you can help get him out of prison. As of this writing, he has been imprisoned for 315 days! The last email update I received about him described his condition as being worse than death. This man is our Christian brother. Please, do this for him!


photo: Gao Zhisheng (google re-use)


.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, the weight, the terrible weight of the world. And you take it on your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a poem L.L.. I've always had a desire to be a voice for the persecuted. There are countless more out there who are suffering similarly to Gao and I pray for them as well. I am hoping that since Gao's case is so high profile that real change will take place in the Chinese government as a result of world's disgust!
    It's truly amazing though how so many people just don't SEEM to care :-( It's wonderful when I see someone else's heart stir. Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks nAncY for reposting on your Facebook page!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've signed the petition Lorrie. I had heard of him through Open Doors...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Marja, you're a gem :-)

    ReplyDelete