Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Church

I am a spiritual being with a soul that lives in a body. It occurs to me that the church is too.

The church’s spirit is full of love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.

The body of the church are all those who are subjects of Jesus the Christ; each one having special gifts meant to be shared for the benefit of all and for taking the gospel to lost people. When two or more get together God joins them for fellowship, worship, prayer, study, fun and and and... all kinds of wonderful stuff.. just like a family!

The soul of the church is its mind, will and emotions. Creativity abounds here!! This is also the realm that gets us into trouble sometimes! It’s where traditions, laws and practices can sometimes try and overrule the simple and wonderful gospel of grace.

I love the church...all of it. This is how they (the world) shall know us right? By our love for one another. If I could put the church in a tidy little box it's my hope that it would look something like this…

GOD
is love

God IS love
God is LOVE



This post was done in participation with the One Word At A Time Blog Carnival and was hosted this week by Bridget. Thanks for inviting me to be in on the fun!!


Photo is: "Walking" from Morgue File.


11 comments:

  1. Nice, I especially like the "God is Love" bit at the end. It's cool how it says it 4 times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for a beautiful post... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Lorrie.
    Simple... God is Love!
    Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like how you talked about the spirit body and soul. and the picture is a nice one to go with this post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Nick, Russell, S., Bridget and nAncY for dropping in. I thought about the word church for quite some time and what to post about it. Though many thoughts crossed my mind I was mostly inspired to just make it very simple. Seems I constantly need to remind myself that it is :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Lorrie, great post. It is the theme of my book BREATH OF LIFE.... as human beings we are made in the image and likeness of God. We are uniquely designed triune beings: spirt, soul and body, yet one.
    It is refreshing to see the church that way too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marja ~ I have got to get your book!! I'm putting it on my wish list right now :-)
    Breath of Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. I came via Nancy's post on FaceBook; I've been in and out of the Blog Carnival all day. Thank you for joining us. I enjoyed reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maureen ~ I've really enjoyed the "carnival" today and making new friends. I loved the poem you did for your post! Thanks for coming over to my place and for your kind comments on nAncY's FB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing! And thanks for dropping by my blog today. You're always welcome and your comment was much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete