Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Rain of Righteousness

Hos 7:2 They do not consider in their hearts that I remember all their wickedness; now their own deeds have surrounded them; they are before My face.

Hos 10:12 Sow for yourselves righteousness; reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground, for it is time to seek the LORD, till He comes and rains righteousness on you.

~~~

Both of these verses are about works. I notice in the first verse that the ground of their hearts is hard. Their own wickedness doesn’t even occur to them… much less the consequences.

“… Now their own deeds surrounded them..” That sounds so creepy to me. In my over active imagination I see impish creatures leaping and encircling their creator (us) like a captured prize to present to God with glee and pointing fingers!

I can hear the sadness of God’s heart… in the word ‘now’. It’s like He’s saying … “now look what you’ve done”.

It’s hard to think that I am "before God's face" while here on earth, but I am. Nothing is hidden from Him, especially my heart.

The second verse encourages me to keep my heart tender to the Word, my relationship with God; to do good works and enjoy His mercy!


Lord, I want to dance in the rain of your righteousness. Thank you for your Grace and Mercy!!


Photo is: "Praise The Lord" (google re-use)

.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Lorrie, great scriptures to think about. We do good deeds because we are righteous, not to become righteous!
    PS: I love the new picture on your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. L.L. Isn't it though... \o/

    Marja - You are absolutely right! I'm glad that you added that in... that is so important!! Thanks for commenting about the banner - it was nice to make a change :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great illustration when you speak of the impish creatures circling God!
    As always a very thoughful and though provoking post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessings to you Vee, thanks for coming over! I always appreciate your input :-)

    ReplyDelete