Friday, August 7, 2009

Honest Scrap Award

My friend Vee from Living Journey has tagged me with the "Honest Scrap Award". I'm to reveal 10 honest things about myself and then tag seven other bloggers to do the same...muahahahaha! Oh, and check out Vee's blog while you're at it. You'll know right away why this is one of my favorite places to go.

This was much harder than I originally thought it would be. Good fun though so here we go...here's my ten:


1. Since I was a small child I have favored all things Jewish. One of my favorite sounds is that of a
well blasted shofar! Would love to learn Davidic dance.

2. I eat the Vegan way. No meat, dairy or eggs. Many folks who eat this way call themselves Vegans. I think it's kind of strange to identify ones self by the food they eat. It's not who I am. Not my religion either – some make it a spiritual thing too… brother!

3. I always wanted to be a homemaker and mother. I had no ambition to be a “career woman”. Turns out that I don’t have any children and have worked 35 years so far. So now… I have issues.

4. My favorite place on the planet is the deep ferny forest of the Sierra’s. If given the opportunity, I could easily retire there as a hermit and write poems.

5. I was a sight as a kid. Tall and stork-skinny, pigeon toed and freckle-faced. To top it off I had enough kinky uncooperative hair on my head for 10 people! I'm not disclosing some of the nicknames my schoolmates had for me.

6. Rarely do I remember dreams but when I do they're often messages. The last dream I had was a scene of my mother sitting in a chair and her head suddenly falling back like she had fainted. This went on all night long over and over. When morning came I remarked to my husband about the dream scene and that I was exhausted due to praying for mom all night long. Later that morning I was notified that mom was in the hospital. She had felt sick, went to the doctor and collapsed in the chair in his office… the description of her collapse was the exact scene in my dream.

7. I grew up in the California valley where everything was watered by sprinkler or irrigation. Our cow pasture was irrigated regularly in the summer via ditches that filled it up with about a foot of water. Great alligator swimming territory! Yes… it's what you’re thinking. As kids we swam around in that cow patty ditch water pretending to be alligators. It was great fun and I'm still alive - imagine that!

8. I'm thinking I would like to learn Swahili.

9. My dad died of a sudden-death heart attack 30 years ago at the age of 42. I still miss him very much.

10. My husband says I’m a color coordination freak with everything. I use to think about clothes design a lot so maybe it’s mixed up with that. I’m not so sure I like this. I like to think I’m funky… not freaky!

Okay, to these below....Your turn! (of course, anyone else is welcome to join in too)

Heading Home
Just Say the Word
Seedlings in Stone
Fresh Insights on Ancient Truths
A Journey Through His Garden
What I learned Today
Wordplay: The Writing Life of K.M. Weiland

6 comments:

  1. Oh Lorry, this is hard! I think I will write in Dutch, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he he! No fair :-) It's much harder than I thought it would be... I couldn't think of very much and that made me wonder what I've been doing all my life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my, Lorrie! You are so sweet! Thank you so much! Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the blog compliment Lorrie, I love your blog too! Yours is one of the first blogs I visit when I first go online :)

    What a most interesting ten things you have put together. I like your story about the great alligator swimming territory...too funny

    Thanks for participating in the Honest Scrap Award!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn, nAncY, Vee - thanks for coming over. I had fun with this :-)

    ReplyDelete