Sunday, February 22, 2009

Wall

Poetry play time! Over at Seedlings in Stone L.L. has prompted takers to write a "color" poem. She started the action with one of her own titled Scarlet. I will follow her lead and go with red too.



WALL

There you sit
on your pedestal
munching
munching
my ideas of heaven
like a rabbit
with its lettuce
oblivious
eyes wide
immune to revelation
your pride
red
and hard as brick




If you would like to play too then check out RAP, Random Acts of Poetry for ongoing opportunities!



6 comments:

  1. Nice! "Your pride red and hard as brick" i like and can relate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sojourner!! Thanks for coming over. I think most of us struggle with pride.. yuk!

    Blessings to you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sounds in this part...

    like a rabbit
    with its lettuce
    oblivious


    Great poem. I think I'll be gathering these for next Friday (as opposed to this Friday : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. L.L., Poems don't come to me as easy as they did years ago. Sure enjoy getting to be a part :-) Thanks for creating these opportunities. It's a great doorway to meeting others in the family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Lorrie... I don't think poetry is where my gifting is... well, not in the english language anyway (my vocabulary is too small, haha).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marja ~ I'm not sure it's mine either but I do love it and can't resist now and then trying my hand at it :-)
    Thanks for coming over!

    ReplyDelete