Monday, January 5, 2009

Stand with Israel

Israel, surrounded by enemies; hated for being alive; hated for defending herself. The planet has become an arena. The whole world watching the spectacle played out before them in the sand.

I have a Twitter account and can go to the "real time results" area, search any word and get a live feed of conversation on that word. When Israel launched defensive operations in Gaza I went over to see what was being said.


There are no words to describe the ignorance and the hatred I read there. I wanted to respond with harsh words (I didn't but I sure wanted to!). I ranted and paced in my mind. I cried. I still cry.

What can I do? I can pray and I can ask others to pray. I can speak up within the opportunities available to me. That's what this post is about. M
e, putting my little support heart up as an effort to make a difference.

If you would like to display a heart for Israel you may obtain one here. You will see other suggestions as to how you can help too. Do what you can!

Finally, I want to say that I know there are innocent lives in Gaza being affected. My heart goes out to them as well. We can and should pray for them too!


For thus says the LORD of hosts: He sent Me after glory, to the nations which plunder you; for he who touches you touches the apple of His eye. Zech. 2:8


Note: In no way is this post a negative reflection on Twitter. I love Twittering!



8 comments:

  1. it is heart breaking to think of all the people that are being killed and hurt.

    and so very strange to see places on earth that are just as peaceful as can be.

    yet, many across the world, as you write, are able to see some of what is unfolding.

    not all people are seeing this if they are without communication with the news, but, i would say that many throughout the world know of it through some form of communication.

    i wonder what it means in the plans of God.
    isn't God still waiting for his people turn to Him? the killing and fighting is so hard to see. i think that we should be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right Nancy. I wonder what it means in the plans of God too. Thank you for all that you said :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this post. As far as the plans that God has for Israel and the Jews... He wants them to turn to Him. He has always wanted this, and He has used other nations to discipline them because of their turning away from Him.

    Zechariah says that every nation will be gathered against Israel in the future.

    Zec 12:1 The burden of the word of the LORD concerning Israel: Thus declares the LORD, who stretched out the heavens and founded the earth and formed the spirit of man within him:
    Zec 12:2 "Behold, I am about to make Jerusalem a cup of staggering to all the surrounding peoples. The siege of Jerusalem will also be against Judah.
    Zec 12:3 On that day I will make Jerusalem a heavy stone for all the peoples. All who lift it will surely hurt themselves. And all the nations of the earth will gather against it.


    That means every nation in the world, America, Australia (where I'm from), Canada etc.

    What is happening now is just a microcosm of what will happen in the future. What is happening now is that the Arab world is wanting to divide the land. This too has been prophesied and God will not be happy.

    It will be the anti-Christ who divides the land successfully.

    Dan 11:39 And he shall deal with the strongest fortresses by the help of a foreign god: whosoever acknowledgeth him he will increase with glory; and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for a price.

    But God's wrath will fall as He is jealous for His Holy mountain.

    Zec 1:14 So the angel who talked with me said to me, 'Cry out, Thus says the LORD of hosts: I am exceedingly jealous for Jerusalem and for Zion.

    And when He sees this division He will poor out His wrath and execute His judgement but He will also save those of His people who have returned to Him in faith....and this will be the time of resurrection too...

    Dan 12:1 "At that time shall arise Michael, the great prince who has charge of your people. And there shall be a time of trouble, such as never has been since there was a nation till that time. But at that time your people shall be delivered, everyone whose name shall be found written in the book.
    Dan 12:2 And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

    That is how I understand it anyway.

    Vee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooo Whoooo Vee!! Love your input and am very grateful for you to have taken the time to expound so beautifully. What a blessing you are!

    The time is short is it not? Very amazing to see things unfold...

    Let's get right! Let's get ready!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart breaks too as I learn about all that is happening. I will join you in praying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janelle! Thank you. God bless you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Lorrie, for speaking out for Israel. I love Israel and the Jewish people, growing up in Holland there was no other way (because of WWII). I have been in Israel many times and we have friends there that are very dear to our heart. I always pray that whatever happens it will bring people (jews and moslims) to their knees so they can receive the prince of peace in their hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never been to Israel Marja. Would love to go though. You have the right attitude ~ we want all eyes to be opened ~ we all to be saved!

    ReplyDelete