Saturday, January 10, 2009

Top Seven plus One

Not long ago my friend Lynn at Heading Home gave me a Proximity Award. She used her blog space to make mention of me; to point me out to others. I was (and still am) very honored. It has been my intention ever since then to do the same thing here.

It's very hard to select just a few! Nevertheless, here is my short list of those I want to shine a light on. In Alphabetical order:

Fresh Insights on Ancient Truths
Marja writes books and meditations that inspire. She has a very unique perspective that I find fascinating. I enjoy reading her posts very much because they truly do give me fresh insights. She also has a knack for coming over to my blog at just the right time with just the right word of encouragement. How do you do that? Many returns on the blessings you give Marja!

Heading Home
Lynn ministers to others with her devotions. Her servant's heart comes through in all that she writes and does. People are attracted to her because of her love. I know! Her focus is "Following God's compass as it points to the right path Home." Lynn, you mentor me without even knowing it. You are such a wonderful light in this dark world!

JayBee's Ways with Words
I love poetry and I must have my fill or else I perish! The poetic mind of Jack Brown is an amazing thing to me. I rub my hands together in delight whenever I see he's posted something new. I think he has a huge and wonderful heart to be able to bring forth such wonders. Go and see!

Living Journey
My new friend Vee writes about the church, politics, society, culture and so much more. When I discovered her work it was such a relief to find someone who sees some of what I see. She is like an arm around my shoulder, looking with me through the same window. The word of God is her cornerstone. She balances grit with compassion. I like that very much.

Middle Zone Musings
I haven't known Robert long but I want to make mention of him here because of his very generous heart. The first month of each year he promotes the blogs of others. He calls it Blogapalooza and it's a huge undertaking. He doesn't point out that it's a huge undertaking, I do! This is not a reciprocal post. He doesn't expect that. His site (when he's not "hat-tipping" others) is about..."Lessons learned from life".

The Blog of Nancy
I love Nancy's blog because it's original and creative. Like life, it's always changing. I am ever on the lookout for her new posts because I am always surprised, challenged, encouraged or enlightened about something. I love the way she expresses herself! Make sure you check out her photoblog when you visit too. I am confident that you won't leave her blog without making it a favorite. You-must-re-turn!

The Daily Walk
Ben writes with a "first love" perspective. He is very passionate about his relationship with God. He says... "Each day I find how good my God is and He teaches me new things every day. His love has truly captured me." It's this voice of Ben's that causes me to follow him and see what I might learn. His genuine and humble way is very refreshing to me.

Warren
Last but not least I want to say a word about someone who does not blog. You won't find him anywhere out there in cyberland. He is at home with me. He is doing many of the things that I should be doing. He frees me up to do everything that I need to do. He thinks that I am a writer. He has never once made me feel that I am spending too much time on the computer or made me feel guilty about running to and fro with this project or that meeting. Nope, just loving and supportive. A true soul-mate and friend. My husband Warren. Thanks honey! I love you.


Lord, I pray a blessing for each one here. These hearts, chasing after Your pleasure and will. Guide, protect, inspire and comfort them. All is dedicated to You!



15 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh! You dear, sweet angel! It is raining in my house. My cheeks are testaments to the wetness! I cannot see to type this so I know I'll have some typos! I am so honored and blessed by this. You just do not know! To be in such a wonderful group that you have chosen is so awesome. My heart is just leaping with joy! Blessings to you, my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn, you bless me all the time! It's a great joy to think I've blessed you back in this small way. I love ya :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lorrie, I am indeed honoured to be listed here.

    May God bless you and your family and may you keep your eyes firmly fixed on Him and His Word. We are entering the dark of the night prophetically and I pray that we encourage one another and I pray that we all persevere and not forget our first love!

    Thanks again for this Lorrie, I am indeed humbled by it.

    Sincerely

    Vee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vee, The honor is all mine, all mine!

    I see the day we're approaching too. I will join you in that prayer my friend.

    When we all get to Heaven, what a day of rejoicing that will be!

    Blessings galore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...Thank you. It really means a lot to know that folks like my work...i am honoured indeed

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Lorrie, I am very happy that I got listed there..I love what you write too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ben and Jack, it truly is better to give than to receive! I've had the best time with this post. You're both a blessing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for these links. Always on the lookout for great blogs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops, first on the list, last one to respond (if you want to know why, you have to read my latest post, haha). Thank you Lorrie for speaking so highly of my blog, awesome! To be honest with you, I couldn't even come up with seven.... I have really restrained myself, too much time blogging means less time to work on my books and freelance articles...
    You and Lynn are my favorites (and my australian friend Wyn) and I will defenitely check out your recommendations!
    Thanks again Lorrie, very sweet. I truly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah ha! I knew you'd come over (you've spoiled me)so I didn't send you a message. I wanted you to be surprised :-)
    I really appreciate your work and your friendship.
    I can't imagine being up there with Lynn on your short list. Whewww... that makes me nervous ~ I don't really even know what I'm doing! ha!
    You're a blessing for sure, just wanted you to know that...

    ReplyDelete
  11. marja is not the last one to reapond it seems.
    this is a wonderful list of blogs that i am gonna have to check out closer! i feel honored to be on this list, thank you, lorrie!

    i think that you are the only one that has gone far enough down the blog list to even notice that i have a photo blog...or at least the only one that has mentioned it!

    it has been busy at my house lately, i have had to finish up an art project that was due and my oldest is returning to college today, we will be taking her, an over night trip. she usually drives home for breaks, but , because of the snow, my husband had to drive to pick her up, and got back through I80 just before it closed. now all the snow is melted and we are all going for the trip.
    anyway, thanks again for the Love.
    n.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nancy - how wonderful to have an art project! I think that is so neat. I've always wanted to be artistic but alas it's not to be. I sure enjoy your talent though! I hope you all enjoy your trip!!!
    Keep on keepin on :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Ruth

    http://www.infrared-sauna-spot.info

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Ruth, thank you for leaving a comment. I appreciate what you've said, very encouraging!
    And by the way, I love Far Infrared Saunas :-)
    Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete