Friday, November 7, 2008

Mama's Tabernacle

I hate death. If we had not fallen so long ago in the garden we wouldn't even know what it was. We were never meant to.

I'll be attending a funeral today for my cousin Steven Sparks. His family loved him very much and we will miss him.


The following poem was written about my late great-grandmother. I think that her prayers included us. I dedicate it to Steven and all the others we so sorely miss. I know they are in Heaven together and that we shall see them again one day.




Mama's Tabernacle

Down the path Mama would go
folding chair, tackle
and pole.

She might catch fish
but that's not why she went.
She loved to sit in the quiet.

She talked with God
about the kids, papa,
maybe the crops
or even the world.
Everything under the sun.

Now and then she'd fuss with her hat,
take a dip of snuff
or kick the fidgets from her feet.

But mostly,
she'd just sit there
looking out,
carrying on conversation.



And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away. Rev. 21:4



5 comments:

  1. Lorrie, I'm so sorry for your loss. I loved your tribute. The picture of your great-grandmother reminded me of my grandmother. Great memories! Bless you...Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dad was the one person in my life that showed me how to pray. I loved to hear my father pray. He died Oct. 28, 2008 and I miss him very much. But one day soon we will all (ones who love Jesus) be there and will never have to experience sin or death ever again. God bless you Lorrie. Check out my blog when you get a chance at http://byfaith-enterprises.blogspot.com it is all about Prayer.
    In Christ
    Ramon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ramon, hello! My dad has been gone for about 30 years. It's hard to believe. I still miss him a lot. I am sorry for your loss. Thank you for coming over and leaving such a sweet comment.
    I am on my way over to visit your place now!

    ReplyDelete