Friday, November 14, 2008

Comfort in the Huddle

Seems I have spent an inordinate amount of time over the years shaking my head. I have been mystified at the world around me on just about any level one can name. Because I detest complacency I've been as pro-active as possible within my opportunities to fight against evil and to promote good. I have always thought it my personal responsibility to stay informed, to study issues, to pray and to be a discerning person. I haven't always done well but I've learned from my mistakes.

I say all that to say this... I'm pooped!

I'm sad too.

My country, this "sweet land of liberty" is in a condition of apostasy. I looked that ugly word up and it means renunciation of a religious faith or the abandonment of a previous loyalty: DEFECTION. Those with no faith are not excluded; they have at the very least abandoned the basics of common sense. I'm not going to make a list of examples to prove my point. Like I said, I'm pooped. I am sure that I don't need to anyway right? I pray you have eyes to see.

The Bible is full of encouragement and direction for times such as these. I know this. I'm not giving up! Those Holy and living words will certainly continue to guide me.

For now, I am taken aside by God. My head is down, my sword is at my side and His arm is around me. He is speaking wonderful things to me. We are in a huddle. I don't understand everything He is saying but I love it that He is close. I know that I can trust Him. I know that He will send me back out with purpose and a new focus.

Yes, for everything there is a season and this is a time I have determined not to rush or to fight. I am enjoying the comfort and light of His countenance.



Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 1 Cor. 1:3-4



3 comments:

  1. "My head is down, my sword is at my side and His arm is around me", well written Lorrie. I bet that sums up the feeling many people have. Your description is so vivid, I can picture it. I am glad we still have our sword!! That will never disappear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is interesting the many ways that God uses to prepare us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thankful for hope! As my pastor says, "it's second only to love". I like that :)

    ReplyDelete