Friday, October 10, 2008

Now is the Time

Can you imagine being alive in Jesus' day? I see Him walking the shores of Galilee, playing with the neighborhood children, speaking to a crowd or eating at my house! Just think of being witness to the miracles He did. Think of His love.

I, of course, would have been one of His most faithful followers. I would have been fearless and full of joy all the time. I would have went out to me
et him crying Hosanna... The King of Israel! That is what I like to think but is it true? Would I have recognized Him as Messiah? Surely I would not have been one of those in Pilot's courtyard pumping my fist for the release of Barabbas!

There is no way of knowing what I would have done t
hen. All I can do is live in my own time. I believe I am living in last days and it is surreal to accept that fact. It is exciting and terrible at the same time. So what am I doing? What will I say if one day someone Imagines about last days and they ask me... "What was it like? What did you do?"

Selah (think about that)


Lord, quicken us to your will for this hour and equip us with the weapons of your warfare. May we keep your command to persevere. Come quickly!


Thus I will bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name.
Psalm 63:4



1 comment:

  1. We never really know, I suppose. Except in a way we do, because we live right or not hour to hour, day to day.

    Welcome, again, to High Calling Blogs. And I love that photo of the Sea of Galilee.

    ReplyDelete