Thursday, October 23, 2008

Knowing Truth

Often my prayers include a petition for God to open blind eyes.

Shake them by their spiritual shoulders Lord, cause them to see the truth!

Recently this request has turned into a plea of desperation, of almost begging the Lord to do something. It seems nothing happens. People continue on just the same. No, not the same... worse!

Why Lord? Why?

And He answered me.

They are not seeking the truth; therefore they will not find it.

My hands went to my heart. Those words were revelation but boy did they ever hurt. How could someone not want to know the truth? Do I want to know the truth?

The more I thought about it, the more apparent it became that there is a lot of seeking going on but it's not for the truth. It's for self. It's for philosophy, metaphysical discoveries, political winds or religious trends that will at long last deliver nirvana.

All the while real truth is out front jumping up and down, waving hands, calling. He is not wanted though. He is rejected. Yes, He. Jesus is THE TRUTH!

Search all we want but we will not find. We will not find until we seek Him. If we think that we can discern any truth whatsoever without Him we are sorely mistaken. We are fools.

I have a new prayer now.

Have mercy on us Lord. Soften our hearts enough to see the reality of our own foolishness. Destroy the idols within us that cause deception. Capture us and instruct us according to your ways and your will.


If you do not know Jesus but you want to then take a stroll down the Roman Road.


Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.
Matthew 5:6



9 comments:

  1. This is a great post, Lorrie! Darkness hates the light and those in the darkness do not seek the light. I loved this. And the pictures are wonderful.

    I wanted to thank you for your comment on my blog. Boy, I wish I'd thought of the repeated kink being a weak point! Great thought! I sure didn't carry it out, did I? Be blessed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lynn for your comment! Your words add another dimension :)

    Oh.. and you carry things just fine. It was your analogy with the kinks that got me thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!
    What a mind rattling blog!
    Keep them coming...
    Rox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorrie, I noticed your blog through Lynn's. I really like your musings, this one about truth in particular. I have added your blog to mine, so I will keep track of your writings! Thanks for sharing, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marja, thank you for commenting. I am going to add you to my roll as well.. your site is really neat. lots of great stuff! Good meeting you :)

    and

    Sojourner ~ blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lorrie

    Laina, here from CW. I say amen to your post. It reminded me of a scripture in Amos 8.

    11 "The days are coming," declares the Sovereign LORD,
    "when I will send a famine through the land—
    not a famine of food or a thirst for water,
    but a famine of hearing the words of the LORD.

    12 Men will stagger from sea to sea
    and wander from north to east,
    searching for the word of the LORD,
    but they will not find it.

    It made me think there is a famine of knowing the Truth that sets us free.

    I'll add you to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that's good Laina! Thanks for adding those wonderful insights :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very well said, and very true.

    ReplyDelete